Tuesday, July 26, 2016

“That Look”

How did I – a vehement dog hater – end up loving a devoted little dog of my own?

2016-07-20 11.01.20

The long answer is very long and some of it is chronicled in this blog. (Just type “Yae” into the search bar at the top left.)

But the short answer is that she always looks at me with that trusting expectant look that makes me think of these words we often sing:

2 As to her lady’s hand

A slave girl turns her face,

So we look to the LORD our God

That he might show us grace.

- 123A (ST. MICHAEL)

09.06.14.NewCar.01

My husband wants to know why she always looks to me even if he feeds her more often. I think its because I discipline her, give her longer walks – and, quite frankly, I respond to that look of adoration.

There is a spiritual parallel, “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.”  James 4:8

 

09.05.04.walkwithgirls.03

As the eyes of slaves look to the hand of their master,

as the eyes of a female slave look to the hand of her mistress,

so our eyes look to the LORD our God,

till he shows us his mercy.

Have mercy on us, LORD, have mercy on us,

for we have endured no end of contempt.

-- Psalm 123:2-3

No comments: